Tomorrow, December 1st is World AIDS Day. This video is a great introduction into what this day is all about. Youth Outreach will be having a World AIDS Day event at 6 pm tomorrow as well. We will be showing a video of AIDS on a global scale, discussing the truth and lies about AIDS and how to protect ourselves from getting AIDS.
We will be using Avert’s Prevention ABC’s to discuss keeping ourselves safe from AIDS.
B: Be Faithful
C: Condoms every time
Early this month Science Daily published a report on Hyper Texting. For those of you that are teens you probably already know what this is. For those that are not, hyper texting is texting more than 120 times per day. I am not even sure I would be able to think of 120 things to say to people in a day.
While texting itself is not a health risk, studies are showing that hyper texting can lead to health risks. Here are the statistics found in the report mentioned above:
Hyper Texting Teens are…
- 40 percent more likely to have tried cigarettes
- two times more likely to have tried alcohol
- 43 percent more likely to be binge drinkers
- 41 percent more likely to have used illicit drugs
- 55 percent more likely to have been in a physical fight
- nearly three-and-a-half times more likely to have had sex and
- 90 percent more likely to report four or more sexual partners
PLZ think about how often you text and if it is worth the potential health risks. TTYL